Picobrew automatic homebrewing machine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is..... Very interesting. Tho I can't say I would be interested in owning one.. I'd love to ask someone who has used it. I'm very curious about what it does about yeast, trub, removing the yeast cake, etc.

I've seen this in several threads. I wondered why ex Microsoft executives needed $150,000 or they wouldn't be able to put it in production?????

Also it automates the fun portion of brewing so...???

Does nothing for controlling fermentation temperatures where most problems occur...???

$1500 It would take me a several of years to break even.... since it only does 3 gallon batches. It also does not include the extra kegs it will require IRRC.

Not for me!!!!

Previous poster. About yeast = nothing. About removing yeast cake - nothing. Post boil this machine does not apply.

I've seen this in several threads. I wondered why ex Microsoft executives needed $150,000 or they wouldn't be able to put it in production?????
Because it is always better to invest someone elses money instead of your own :D
Honestly most of the rewards are for "pre-ordering", this is not a bad way to go about getting capital to build something that you are going to sell. The way they have it they can basically build the things after you have paid for them so they don't have to worry about how many to build upfront to meet start-up demand, they already know probably 75% of their initial demand.

Because it is always better to invest someone elses money instead of your own :D
Honestly most of the rewards are for "pre-ordering", this is not a bad way to go about getting capital to build something that you are going to sell. The way they have it they can basically build the things after you have paid for them so they don't have to worry about how many to build upfront to meet start-up demand, they already know probably 75% of their initial demand.

There is also no obligation to repay or go into production!!!

My point in the reference to their background is that $150,000 should be chump change to them. And for homebrewers who really enjoy the process there is not much of a market for this device.

There is also no obligation to repay or go into production!!!

My point in the reference to their background is that $150,000 should be chump change to them. And for homebrewers who really enjoy the process there is not much of a market for this device.

Even more reason for them to go about it this way - no (little) risk :D I wonder what the RRP will be if buying a pre-ordered one (i.e. 100% unsecured loan to them) is $1500+????
They didn't become executives by taking on risk when they didn't need to.
I too don't really see the need for this - and I would bet $20 that 75% of these will not be used by their original owners within 1 year.

it seems like a machine made for someone who would like to say that they are a homebrewer...without actually doing any of the work

Back