Pico Pro, or just Pico

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kassad

Reaction score
So I purchased the Pico on April 10th of this year and because of shipping issues it just arrived a couple days ago. It is still in the box so I haven't unpacked it yet. I did notice five CO2 cartridges are included, but the rest of the boxes I haven't opened.

I haven't been on the Pico web site in awhile and I wanted to start watching some videos, but now I see there are Pico Pro instructional videos, and Pico instructional videos. What is the difference between the two, and how can I tell which one I have to watch the correct videos? One of the main differences i see is that the Pico Pro videos includes a video for racking your beer with CO2. Since I have the CO2 cartridges does that mean i should be watching the Pro videos? To be honest, they look identical.

The Pro has two brew kegs and comes with some extra accessories that will allow you to rack your beer with a cartridge. Your kit should have the 16 gram carts. The Pro will have the 74 gram carts. If you go on their site and look at the gear you'll see the kit that will turn the regular Pico into a Pro kit. The videos apply to both except for the racking and force carbonating in the the extra brew keg. Hope this helps.

I ordered the Pro recently and awaiting its arrival. Having the second keg is great and with the extras, it will be easier for me to tap one and brew 2 others at the same time.

For the $100 upgrade, its worth the money. Lastly, if you ever upgrade to a Zymatic, you can always use the mini kegs too.

Back