picnic tap question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstewartgt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 3 tap kegerator that can hold 4 kegs. So on occasion I'll carb the 4th keg to get it ready for prime time.

My question is this, I like to taste it to make sure everything tastes right and the carb is at a good level. I typically do that with a picnic tap that only has the usual 2 ft(if that) of hose on it. So I just barely squeeze it to get the beer out with as little foam as possible. Do I change the taste by doing this? Or would it taste the same as if I had it hooked up to the normal tap?

I know I could just use 10 ft of hose on my picnic tap, but I really don't want to have to jam even more hose in my kegerator.

Thoughts?

I don't know how you can really evaluate the flavor of a beer if it is all foamy. I would just g et the 8' of line to do a proper pour. If you're just sampling, then you don't have to keep the tubing in there except when pulling a sample

Back