Picking a Main brewery Logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've decided on a name for my Home brewery. Going with The Furnace Room Brewing Co. All my brewing stuff is stored down there and my fermenter and secondary sits there as well. so pretty much everything besides boiling and bottling. Pus I thought it sounded neat and no matter how far I go with this It'll keep me attached to the beginning. ANYWAYS, I have found a few graphics that I think would be neat as a general background graphic to a main logo. Let me know what you think.

Furnace1.jpg

Furnace2.jpg

Furnace3.jpg

Furnace4.jpg

I will keep trying my photoshop skills (Not looking good so far) Those are teh two I was leaning towards too. Thanks for confirming. Now to choose and edit.

right on dude, its always fun to give stuff a name, i recently dedicated my best (so far) beer recipe to my deceased pet fish (who was more like a best friend)

infact im sippin on a shakedown brew co comet IPA right now :mug:

IrregularPulse said:
I really like the Furnace Room Brewery Overlay on that one!! Can you lay that over the top pic in my orig. post?

If you were talking to me, and if you mean your first pic, here's a couple of takes.

I went with black text on the first one, cuz white doesn't work as well with that shot, imo.

The second one, I roughed up the picture some, and gave you a look at the white type.

The third one, I put the black text on the photoshopped picture.

Feel free to ask for adjustments. I'll give ya what I can.

f1.jpg

F2.jpg

F3.jpg

You guys all freaking rock! I was bummed about having a crappy logo cause I suck at PS, but you guys totally hooked me up.

[email protected] - I like all of them but am wanting Brewing Co. instead or brewery. I know I'm not an actually company but like the sound of it better.

aekdbbop - I like yours a lot too and how I would have a spot for the beer name. That would save me from having to design a new label for each beer, but I'm sure there are some I would like different labels for ahhh, this is so much to think about. I couldn't imagine actually doing this commercially where it actually matters

Yeah, I noticed I wasn't using the name you chose -- after I saw aekdbbop do it right. :) I'll put that text in for you later today if you like. Which of the three looks shown above do you want me to put it into?

Here's the latest. I added "The" at the start, turned "Brewery" into "Brewing Co."

I thought the words looked best staggered a little bit (vs aligned left). A little more industrial, and it let me keep the best parts of the photo visible.

Gettin' there?

f4.jpg

Yeah dude freaking nice! Maybe if I go big someday you'll get rich from teh royalties on all my pubgear. Or at least I'll just send a mug or t-shirt or growler or something like that if I ever make any. Or at least some homebrew. You too aekdbbop. Still got figure out which to use, if not both, if you guys dont mind

It's hard to get something that will work for all situations. First, you want it to look cool as a bottle or tap handle label. All the pics shown so far would be great for either. The next usage is just a general logo that doesn't have a beer name or theme. That's not so hard but now ask yourself if you can do a line-art version of it for single color silk screens on pint glasses. If you look at the label in my avatar, it's really only good for the first purpose. So much of the design is dedicated to the name/theme of the individual beers that I don't know how to modify it to be JUST the brewery logo.

Anyway, I have too much time on my hands apparently... I made a couple samples for you.

furnace.jpg

I also think "boiler room brewing" has a nicer ring to it but it's your baby.

boiler.jpg

Bobby M - Those are sweet but the fuernace looks like a helmet with teh detail takin out. That would rock for a like middle age theme or soemthing. Saved it and will prolly use it for another label putting the Beer name on it.

Made up this banner but now after spending 30 minutes (just learning PS) on it I can't add it to my sig :(

Banner1.jpg

IrregularPulse said:
Bobby M - Those are sweet but the fuernace looks like a helmet with teh detail takin out. That would rock for a like middle age theme or soemthing. Saved it and will prolly use it for another label putting the Beer name on it.

Made up this banner but now after spending 30 minutes (just learning PS) on it I can't add it to my sig :(

Banner1.jpg

I like the banner and the lables, they are starting to look good.

As for the banner in your sig, you cant, images in signatures is not allowed. Or at least that is what I have been told!

Yeah thats what it told me. Not even for paying members it looks like. This is the first forum I've been part of that did that. oh well.

Back