Picked up a couple kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBaGZ

Reaction score
Found some kegs on CL... The nice AB was $30, the Coors was $20 (it's a little beat up but I drove almost an hour in traffic so I took it anyways), and the other AB was free because the kid hacked it. He cut a ****ty hole in the top and then tried to cut it in half. He burned up his plasma cutter before he got through it, but he did some damage. I am going to try and run a bead around where he tried cutting it to seal it up an recut the top. I hope I can save it because otherwise it is a nice keg.

image-1230530420.jpg

image-1844080411.jpg

Cool, I have been looking on CL and all over the place even asking my beer distributors at work (publix meat) and all of the sudden a friend called me and he checked with a scrap metal guy and now I have 7! One is for a friend for a keggle and 3 are going to be used for my brewstand and there is a guiness whuch has a flat top gonna get a corny keg lid and use that as a fermenter and the others as beer stools

Decided not to mess with the damaged keg and found another for sale on CL. Went and picked it up tonight and it was around a 1/4 full of beer still! The guy said it's been kicking around his garage for like 3 years! God it was effin' rank when I let off the pressure! I bet I drained off a solid 3-4 gallons when I pulled the tube out! At least now I have 3 good kegs to get started with. Time to start ordering parts.

Great score. I have been looking for kegs and two of my sources have come through with a total of 3, but I don't have them in my possession yet.

Good plan for the cut keg. That'll buff right out!

Hi

Either be *real* careful of that edge or have *lots* of band aids handy :D

A hand held grinder is a pretty good thing for knocking the edge down.

Bob

I already made it nice and smooth with a flap disk and sand paper.. The pics were right after I finished cutting and the grinder was still on the jig. :)

Back