Pic of a Few beers I just picked up.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
This should make for a good weekend :rockin:

Shopping.jpg

Where to start?

wow... nice haul man...
one of my local suppliers just started carrying Russian River, they have Damnation and Pliny. I tried the Pliny, have not yet tried the Damnation, but looking forward to it. They also have the Rasputin, but I have not tried it yet either. I have only seen one Lost Abbey beer in the Seattle area, though my supplier does have a number of Pizza Port beers, go figure...

Can you tell me a little more (country, brewer, style) about the first, Wee Heavy (style obvious), and the fourth, Damnation, in the pic?

Thanks berserker, you beat me to it.

Nurmey, I picked up most of them at the still. They were out of the Cantillion Gueze, that was upseating, but other than that they had everything i wanted.

That Alesmith link is wrong. That's not a BA version of that beer. They only release the BA version from the brewery and it goes fast. Luckily, it is the closest brewery to my workplace, so I get to run over and pick it up when they release it. That said, I just picked up a normal bottle of Wee Heavy last week because I love it.

I like how San Diego-heavy the beginning of that lineup is. If you ever get a shot at the Green Flash double stout, I suggest picking some up. Their IPAs and IIPA are also fantastic. I would have skipped that Lost Abbey, but their normal releases are boring to me. The Damnation is amazing, as is Old Rasputin. That's a mighty good haul.

You're going to be bringing some of all of those with you the next time you come to Ohio, right? :D

Hey! Iff you haven't already gotten into it, I'd cellar that Wee Heavy for a bit. I'm about half way through a bottle right now and it needs time. Granted, I buy it from the brewery, but I think it could use 6 months to a year to mellow out.

This is going to be meet with some Boooooos from the crowd, but my brother (in from ohio) and I got into the bourbon this weekend and only took the time to enjoy the cantillon, so i have them all still with that one exception.

I will take your advice on the wee heavy. Thanks.

This is going to be meet with some Boooooos from the crowd, but my brother (in from ohio) and I got into the bourbon this weekend and only took the time to enjoy the cantillon, so i have them all still with that one exception.

I will take your advice on the wee heavy. Thanks.

I am glad you didn't drink them, rather than get druck on bourbon and continue to slosh down fine brews when you won't even savor them! that would just be a waste

Back