Pennsylvania Philly LHBS search

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhillyBrewDoug

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Finally moving back to Philly this spring and was wondering which, if any, LHBS in the area people would recommend. Google hasn't provided a lot of information, and it looks like the ones who do show up have closed their doors.

Thanks in advance,
Doug

https://www.phillyhomebrew.com/
Had my first homebrew class with them 10 years ago-ish, back when they were up in north Philly by Northern Liberties. Since I moved south it looks like they've moved over to just south of University City area; I know that part of town has been seeing some improvements. They had it all, great in the city location for supplies and knowledge. Give them a shot. Btw, once things open up there was a great bar/beer joint not far from there called Local 44, worth stopping by especially if your that way for supplies.

Enjoy Philly, I love that city!

@kenmcchord I'll definitely keep them in mind. We're moving to the Passyunk Square area after being gone for 20 years. When my wife and I went down to look at houses, I barely recognized the area. A lot has changed, and for the better it seems.

@kenmcchord I'll definitely keep them in mind. We're moving to the Passyunk Square area after being gone for 20 years. When my wife and I went down to look at houses, I barely recognized the area. A lot has changed, and for the better it seems.
Now I'm jealous! South Philly is great, we love shopping the Italian market! Talluto's on the corner of Carpenter and 9th is our go to pasta place, and Di Bruno Bros is just up the block. Yeah, a lot has changed since I moved to FL in 2017, and that's only been 4 years! My son is a Philly cop so we're up that way a good bit, hope you find a nice place. Good luck!

Hey man, my LHBS is Brew Your Own Beer in Havertown, maybe 20-30 minutes outside of center city depending on traffic. Absolutely wonderful place, reasonable prices, knowledgeable staff, and they usually have pretty much everything I'm looking for, even sometimes strange ingredients.

Hey man, my LHBS is Brew Your Own Beer in Havertown, maybe 20-30 minutes outside of center city depending on traffic. Absolutely wonderful place, reasonable prices, knowledgeable staff, and they usually have pretty much everything I'm looking for, even sometimes strange ingredients.

Thats my local too, Eric rules. If he doesn't have it, he will get it.

Back