PH Tester Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

permo

Reaction score
I am looking for a quick, easy and reliable digital PH tester. If I can avoid strips, and refills that would be great. Suggestions?

You will always need refills of the pH standard solutions.
True. Perhaps I misunderstood the OP's intention. My recommendation stands with that caveat, which will indeed apply to any meter. No way around it but well worth the upgrade from strips, which might as well be toilet paper.

Calibration solutions are consumables and eletrodes have limited shelf lifes. There's no "no refill" option, at least not that's worth the money. If a meter isn't capable of two point (4.01 and 7.01) calibration, I wouldn't waste your money. And if the electrode isn't easily/affordably replaced on its own (in some cases a new electrode is almost as much as the whole meter), then not if but when it goes bad you'll be replacing the meter anyway.

pH measurement needs to be done right. I'd skip over that sh*te yellow $15 amazon special. A few meters have stood out as above the rest. I'm partial to the Milwaukee MW102, but there are other equally quality and similarly priced options (Hach Pocket Pro is another that comes to mind). A quality meter for homebrew purposes is gonna run you about $100 any way you slice it.

Back