PET carboys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mccartney

Reaction score
im having trouble finding accessories for PET carboys. i got a 6 gallon one and i havent been able to find what to use for caps for airlocks or anything else these carboys can use. can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Its the same opening as a 5 gallon carboy. I think its a #10 stopper?

EDIT: Im sorry, what else are you looking for these carboy "to use"??

Might help if you tell us where you are. BTW - never ask a question on a Friday night. Everyone's drinking on the weekend. Best results if you save it for Monday.

You use a bung with a drilled hole for a regular airlock, should be able to find them at any homebrew store.

the hole looks bigger than my 5 gal glass carboys plus the plastic one isnt completely smooth inside, there are ridges, so i didnt even think to try the standard bungs. you guys have been very helpful, thank you!

Best results if you save it for Monday when people who are supposed to be working are on HBT
fixed it.

I ordered a 10.5 stopper after getting tired of wrestling the #10 out of my vintage shop PET carboy. It fits great as long as everything is dry and there is no way it can get pushed into the carboy.

Back