Perlicks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When researching my keezer build I found a number of posts here and elsewhere about the threads on Perlick taps not lining up with threads on non-Perlick standard shanks. Most problems seemed to be tolerance issues when the Perlicks were mated to chrome plated shanks. Remedies most often included files, wrenching, or new shanks. Others on the other hand report no problems.

I ended up going with Perlick SS shanks. Everything went together as it should have...no leaks. You're best bet is just going to be getting a Perlick and seeing how it all fits. Best wishes.

I believe the issues with the perlicks not fitting shanks was due to a bad batch a year or so ago. Since then, I haven't heard of any issues. I bought my 4 perlicks and SS shanks from Farmhouse Brewing Supply and had no issues at all mating the two parts.

I picked up the Midwest 2 tap kegging kit off Craigslist, and I haven't had any issues after I upgraded the faucets to Perlicks using the original shanks.

I believe the issues with the perlicks not fitting shanks was due to a bad batch a year or so ago. Since then, I haven't heard of any issues.

That's my take as well. I have some older perlicks I bought used, and they mate fine with any of my random assortment of shanks.

Back