Perlicks in arrived today.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kh54s10

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
With Perlick discontinuing the 525ss I decided to order some before they were unavailable. I went to Amazon and found some that actually went down in price. I had one 525ss and ordered 2 more to match.

Today they arrived and I got one 525ss and one 630ss for the original price. There is a little difference but not enough that I am worried they will look bad next to each other.

The 525 has a fancy script P on the front the 630 is more of a block P.

The other thing I noticed was the range of movement of the handle is a lot less in the 630. I plan to install them tomorrow and will post on the operation of each when I get them connected.

Installed... I have 3 faucets for my refrigerator. 3 kegs fit inside. I put the 525ss on the outside and the 630ss in the middle. If you don't look closely you don't see the difference.

So far the 630 has a little more of a clunky mechanical feel to the movement and the throw of the handle is a bit shorter. Other than that I see no significant difference. I guess it will take longer to see if either gets sticky first.

The 630 has a different faucet angle, and no sill after the seal ball, which is supposedly better. I didn't know about the short throw compared with the 525, but I believe it. I have tall tap handles on my 525/575's, and I feel like they travel a long way.

4 months +. Operationally the shorter throw, more mechanical feel and slight aesthetic differences in the 630 is all that I have noticed. I have had no problems with either style. The only thing I wish it that I had the $$ to get a large chest freezer and more taps.

If I ever win the Powerball I will have a man cave with a whole wall of taps, walk in cool room on the other side. :D :drunk:

Latest posts

Back