Perlick vs Intertap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morrey

Reaction score
I am using Perlick 650SS Flow Control taps with good results. The only complaint is a few post pour drips that are nothing unusual to me.

My brother in law is looking to build a keezer and he asked about my faucets. He was telling me that someone had suggested the Intertap Flow Control series as a faucet to consider in his keezer build.

Any feedback or insight into the Intertap Flow Control, and how this compares to the Perlick 650 I am familiar with?

I decided to try one and ordered the flow control faucet plus the nitro stout optional nozzle. I figured I would try it on my 5 tap tower and see how it performs beside my Perlick 650's. I did see a video of the nitro spout in action and it appeared all they got was a glass full of foam. Maybe this can be better controlled but seems odd a video would be posted with a glass of foam.

The low pH issue has been addressed, and even if it wasn't there is a thread on here with the solution. I'm going to go Perlick 1200% of the way

I had three intertap flow controls and while they weren't bad, I had issues with them on highly carved beers. I switched to Perlick FCs and have had no such issues. Maybe I'm an outlier, maybe I'm not, but I'm much happier with the Perlicks.

I can't speak to how they compare; as day_trippr says, they have been well-received.

I'm not sure what you're expecting as far as a couple drips at the end; I think you're going to have that in any faucet. The inside of the spout is getting wet w/ beer when you pour. That beer will sheet off the inside of the spout, resulting in a couple drips.

That's one of the reasons for drip trays. :)

Something I stumbled across is using a folded paper towel on the drip tray. It catches the few drips and then I can toss it. Much easier than having to remove and clean out the drip tray. When I have company, I ditch the paper towel so it looks nicer.

papertowel.jpg

I had three intertap flow controls and while they weren't bad, I had issues with them on highly carved beers. I switched to Perlick FCs and have had no such issues. Maybe I'm an outlier, maybe I'm not, but I'm much happier with the Perlicks.

Luckily I have 5 of the Perlick 650 SS FC's online right now, so if the Intertap totally bombs out, no biggie. I needed a spare faucet to use on a keg when at parties direct tapping on the keg with a QD.

Something I stumbled across is using a folded paper towel on the drip tray. It catches the few drips and then I can toss it. Much easier than having to remove and clean out the drip tray. When I have company, I ditch the paper towel so it looks nicer.

You have seen those small translucent cups used largely for condiments like salad dressings bought for take-out. The eve before I brew, I'll weight out my salts and hops, then take a sharpie and write the time of the addition on the lid. This works well and I simply reuse the cups.

I also found those same cups work well placed under faucets to catch drips which are going to happen no matter what as you mentioned. I simply wash them out and put back in place when dry. Something about picking up a drip pan grate and it is full of funk and mold turns me off big time.

Back