Perlick SS 3 tap tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luismatalon

Reaction score
Got a nice 3 tap tower as a gift...but I need to change out the lines for longer (calibrated) lines w/ ball lock connections.
I don't have a faucet wrench that (after some tinkering) I realized I absolutely need.
I haven't found good info on the web, so I thought I'd ask for advice here.
Are there any tips for taking apart and reinstalling the shanks? I am assuming that once I get my faucet wrench, I can: remove gooseneck, install lines, and put gooseneck back...all without having to perform some voodoo ritual to shrink my hands :confused:

thanks in advance!

Do you mean you're stuck not able to remove the faucet ring on the outside of the tower, per faucet? Or you're stuck removing the brass 1 1/16th shank nut on the back of the faucet, inside the tower?

The former I think you could wrap your faucet ring in a cloth and gently use pliers, but technically you don't need to remove the faucet from the shank to install new lines.

For the latter, I followed some advice I found here and used a dremel with a cut off wheel to cut a half inch section (maybe more) out of a a wrench, the kind with the round end...I'm giving that a terrible description unfortunately. Not the open ended regular wrench, but the almost socket like end. :eek:

Cut out a section and you can slide the now "c" shaped wrench end around the lines and over the nut, bob's your uncle.

Back