Perlick or Vent-matic Flow Control Faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattengr

Reaction score
I'd like to get some flow control faucets for my kegerator, and I have been looking at Perlick 545PC, which is chrome plated brass. However, I would prefer an all stainless steel unit, and I read a thread from about a year ago, which said Perlick would be coming out with stainless steel flow control faucets in early 2013, but my search the other day didn't come up with anything on them. Have you guys and gals heard anything about them? As an alternative, I would be willing to look into the Vent-matics, but I don't know if they have the flow control option. Also, I have read some bad things about the quality of the Vent-matics. What do you all know about the quality of Vent-matics (and the Perlick flow control faucets, for that matter).

Thanks,

Matt

From the other post:

VENT-MATIC BEER & WINE FAUCET
Due to manufacturing issues (a leaky bonnet seal) we have suspended the sale of these faucets. (12/15/2013)
The cause of the bonnet leak as been determined to be an incorrect production clearance of the top Teflon washer. New washers are in the process of being made.
Furthermore, a change to the front seal is being made.
Combined, these two changes (2013 Vent-Matic v.2) will insure that the Vent-Matic is the best available faucet from any manufacturer at all pouring pressures; even as low as 5 psi.
We expect to have the 2014 Vent-Matic available by (the latest) February, 2014.
Should you wish to be notified when the 2014 Vent-Matic Faucet is available, please enter your name and email address in the Back in Stock Notification Box, shown below.
Should you have a 2013 Vent-Matic faucet, whether there are any problems or not, you will automatically receive the update seal kits, when issued by the mfg. We apologize for any inconvenience.
-----------
1/15/2014

Spoke with CHI Company on 1-13. They say the mfg. informed them that the new teflon seals and rubber gaskets are approx. 3 weeks out / Early February.

I haven't seen anything that suggests that Ventmatic will have a flow control model.

Also, Perlick apparently has decided they need to replace the current (non-flow control) 525 with a new design (series will be 6XX) - which might bleed into the derivative designs as well...

Cheers!

Also, Perlick apparently has decided they need to replace the current (non-flow control) 525 with a new design (series will be 6XX) - which might bleed into the derivative designs as well...

Cheers!

Do you have any more info on this? I am/was about to buy 8 Perlick 525ss faucets but might wait if I can for newer models if I can get more info on them. Where did you get this info?

Thanks

From the other post:

VENT-MATIC BEER & WINE FAUCET
Due to manufacturing issues (a leaky bonnet seal) we have suspended the sale of these faucets. (12/15/2013)
The cause of the bonnet leak as been determined to be an incorrect production clearance of the top Teflon washer. New washers are in the process of being made.
Furthermore, a change to the front seal is being made.
Combined, these two changes (2013 Vent-Matic v.2) will insure that the Vent-Matic is the best available faucet from any manufacturer at all pouring pressures; even as low as 5 psi.
We expect to have the 2014 Vent-Matic available by (the latest) February, 2014.
Should you wish to be notified when the 2014 Vent-Matic Faucet is available, please enter your name and email address in the Back in Stock Notification Box, shown below.
Should you have a 2013 Vent-Matic faucet, whether there are any problems or not, you will automatically receive the update seal kits, when issued by the mfg. We apologize for any inconvenience.
-----------
1/15/2014

Spoke with CHI Company on 1-13. They say the mfg. informed them that the new teflon seals and rubber gaskets are approx. 3 weeks out / Early February.

CB77R is ChiCompany and is pretending to be a ChiCompany customer. ChiCompany was previously banned and now so is CB77R.

Back