Perlick Faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

digunderground

Reaction score
I have read lots of threads on this forum discussing the differences between standard and Perlick faucets. Everywhere I have read it lists the Perlick a s being All stainless steel. Just before I ordered a set of them, I saw a replacement plastic valve for them. Can anyone tell me if a plastic internal valve is common, or is that just a Sh!tty replacement piece? in other words, is the Perlick all stainless as advertised?

thanks for any responses, I have to replace my faucets IMMEDIATELY!! they are the basic chrome covered ones and the chrome is pealing off into my beer!!!

-DIG

thedude123

Reaction score
I just ordered one and you can get one that is all stainless steel or you can get one that is stainless steel with a plastic spout. I got the all stainless steel and it is great.

Chriso

Broken Robot Brewing Co.
Reaction score
I dunno re: a plastic piece, I've not disassembled mine. But they're worth their weight in gold. Get the perlicks. Never stick. Not once. They're just smooth as a baby's butt action.

You can get them at Superior Products for cheap. About $40 shipped.

jeff_2506

Reaction score
I LOVE the forward sealing faucets. I have the Sherron, but from my understanding, the Perlicks work great too. After the brass pieces breaking in my old faucets from sticking, these NEVER stick.

yermej

Reaction score
Perlick's product sheet is here. I don't see any part labeled as a valve, but it looks like they offer a version with a plastic spout and shaft. Maybe you saw one of those parts?

GearBeer

Reaction score
Ok, Chriso, that wins the "coolest thing of my week" award.
Stay tuned, it'll be in the competition for "coolest thing of my month". :D

Chriso

Broken Robot Brewing Co.
Reaction score
I tasted it, it was good. Like an Anchor Steam with some subtle notes of pork and smoke. I loved it.

It didn't win the competition though. That was a Triticale Wit that won. Oh well. J brews some seriously good beers, I don't care what the public says. :D