Perlick Faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awarner322

Reaction score
Is an upgrade from the regular stainless steel Faucet to the perlick Faucet worth it? I have no experience with either...anyone?

I have only ever had a perlick and I love it.

Main difference I understand if the forward sealing value so less chance of gunk getting in there.

Absolutely! The difference in cost isn't that much, Perlicks are more sanitary, and they will never stick. This can save you lots of beer in the long run. Most importantly, they look amazing! :cool:

Definitely worth it. I upgraded from the cheap ones to the perlicks and no longer have to worry about sticky faucets. If you can afford it, go with the perlicks.

Alright cool I think I will...about $20 dollars difference btwn the chrome and S.S perlicks...worth the upgrade there too??? =P

Alright cool I think I will...about $20 dollars difference btwn the chrome and S.S perlicks...worth the upgrade there too??? =P

The upgrade to forward sealing faucets is totally worth it, to banish the stuck faucet syndrome for good. The upgrade to SS from PC is less obvious to me, even while all six of my faucets are in fact the 525SS model. I just appreciate the intrinsic timelessness of stainless steel, but it's hard to put a value on that for everyone...

Cheers!

I upgraded from the regular style, chrome-plated faucets to the SS Perlicks.

I had a HUGE problem with mold growing on the inside of my regular faucets. Within a few days time, if I did not spray out the faucet after pouring, I would have mold spots in the spout and clumps of mold around the "piston" of the faucet. Even with spraying out the faucet, I would still get the mold, but it would take about 2 weeks to grow. I always had sticky faucet syndrome with those old faucets as well.

The Perlicks have not grown ANY mold, and I do not clean them. I let them drip normally into the drip tray, and they stay clean on the inside. I occasionally shine a flashlight into the sprout, and every time it's still as clean as new. The way the Perlicks are designed, I've never had a sticky faucet with them.

The upgrade, for me, between the regular faucets and the Perlicks was great move.
I'm not sure how different the chrome plated ones hold up compared to the stainless ones. I'm not saying that this happens to Perlicks, but I have heard of the regular chrome plated faucets having the chrome plating peel off over time, so this may be true with Perlicks as well. I decided to avoid any possible problems, and spent the extra money on the stainless ones that I was sure to have no issues.

I too switched from the standard faucets to the perlicks. I had really bad issues with the standard faucets sticking even to the point where the internal shafts would break trying to get them unstuck. Since switching to the perlicks, there have been zero sticking issues. Totally worth it.

I've got three of the chrome plated perlicks and they're working great. I just ordered a fourth to add another keg to my keezer. I've only had them for a couple months so can't speak to their longevity myself, but it seems lots of bars use chrome faucets so I figure they should last quite a while.

do you need all the parts? or can you just swap the "tap" side? Same thread?

do you need all the parts? or can you just swap the "tap" side? Same thread?

Do you mean just change the faucet, and not the shank?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I believe the threads are all the same standard size for all faucets and shanks, but the "mating teeth" on the inside of the faucet and the shank may have very slight differences between them. I believe they are all intended to be universal, but due to the slight differences in machining between different companies, they may not mate up properly.

Some people have had luck with mixing Perlicks with cheaper shanks. My Perlicks fit perfectly on the shanks I already had. Some people had to do some minor custom fabrication or lightly tap the faucet with a dead-blow hammer to mate up the faucet with the shank. Others had to buy completely new shanks.

Some vendors do indicate whether their faucets mate up with their shanks.

Latest posts

Back