Perlick Faucet Leaking Air?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ao125

Reaction score
Greetings.

Recently, I moved away from the stock faucet that came with my Avanti kegerator, and attached a Perlick.

Since then, my CO2 tank seems to be depleting of air 3x as fast... even when I'm not tapping the keg.

It's at the point where I have to take off the "Out" hose off of the keg if I want there to be *some* CO2 in it at all.

Has anyone else experienced this?

And yes - before anyone asks, all of the hoses were re-attached properly, hose clamps and all.

I might be missing something, but I cannot possibly see how this could happen since the out post is connected to a pickup tube which goes to the bottom of the keg. CO2 would put pressure on the top of the liquid, forcing it down and then up the pickup tube, and then to the faucet. I could see this happening if you had the hoses reversed so that the CO2 was going in through the bottom and then it could escape up through the "in" post and hence out to the faucet (which needs liquid pressure).

EDIT: And this might be a long shot, but the post O-rings (the ones that seal the pickup tube and the tiny "in" tube) could be worn.

Back