Perlick Double-Door Kegerator on CL... Thoughts please!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauljmccain

Reaction score
Hello fellow HBTers...

Short story: take a look- http://stlouis.craigslist.org/for/2362419891.html

Is this a good unit? Good price? I'll just be putting my 3-tap tower in the middle for 5 taps total. I'm having trouble finding info on this model. Found one other post saying it can hold 9 corneys, which would be awesome to have space for fermenting.

Your thoughts/comments are GREATLY appreciated! I figure someone out there has to have a similar setup.

Back story:

My family wants their dorm fridge back, so I've been looking at chest freezers for a keezer setup. However, if I could get a fridge setup, it'd be exponentially easier, as I have a nice vintage ceramic three-tap tower I'll be using.

After realizing the costs involved (chest freezer about $100 CL, collar about $40 supplies/stain/etc, controller $70, fan setup $20) I realized it'd be easier to get a kegerator-sized fridge, or a purpose built unit, and modify it.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place- thanks again guys.

What's that in the bottom of the right side? Looks like a compressor, which doesn't make sense to me.

I was wondering that too. I know they come with tower blowers, could be an unattached part of that or something. Or just something randomly thrown in there. If anyone knows that'd be great.

You have to go look at it to know anything. If it gets cold and doesn't have any obvious problems then it looks like a no brainer to me.

That's the compressor on the right side looks like the 1 at the vfw near me and that one fits 2 15.5 Sankey kegs with just enough room for #10 co2 tank don't think it will hold 9 inside dimensions would help my .02

Even if you had to put $200 into it to get it working properly it would still be a good deal. Many mini-fridges cost that much and more.

Back