perlick beer tower question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommymac

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 3 tap perlick tower for my kegerator project. it has t been used in some time and the beer lines are prety nasty looking. I figured I would just replace them with new ones. I removed the faucets but am now stuck on how to get the lines out. Theres a round cylindrical shaped tube thats inside the body of the tower. Now how do I remove that part? it is also quite dirty and woul dlike to get that out to clean then would just run the new tubing up the tower and reattatch it there.

Sorry for the noob type questions but am just getting back into brewing and the keging and kegerator stuff is all new to me.

Does the top come off that baby? My 2 tap tower does and you can get at the fittings that way.

Soak it in hot water and oxyclean to get it clean.

Run beer line cleaner through the lines and you may be in business.

Good luck.

Does the top come off that baby? My 2 tap tower does and you can get at the fittings that way.

Soak it in hot water and oxyclean to get it clean.

Run beer line cleaner through the lines and you may be in business.

Good luck.

took alittle doing with a towel and oil filter wrench, then to my dismay insulation is just gooped in there everywhere. I did a little more searching and everything I googled took me to threads here LOL.

I dug out a bunch of the insulation and more or less got to the shank nuts, then realized how do i get a wrench in there. A little more research showed I either need a shank wrench (40 bucks i dont want to spend) or I can take a 1 inch wrench and the good ole dremmel and make my own. I need to see if I have a cheapo wrench to sacrafice, i dont want to cut my craftsman.

I have some other stuff to do as well today but hopefully Ican get to it. Seems the tower was sitting around for a while so I am going to break down evverything and give it a good cleaning.

my pregnant wife told me it better be ready and functional before the super bowl since we are having a party ( baby should be out by then too so she can partake in the festivities:tank: )

cut the craftsman then take it back to sears and tell them i broke while using it. ive heated wrenches up before to bend them to get them in the perfect spot on the car then exchanged them because they"bent while i was using it, or go to harbor freight and pick up an el cheapo

I want to kick you in the nuts masterchief.

Do you return your Christmas tree back to home depot after Christmas is over because it died?

-=Jason=-

cut the craftsman then take it back to sears and tell them i broke while using it. ive heated wrenches up before to bend them to get them in the perfect spot on the car then exchanged them because they"bent while i was using it, or go to harbor freight and pick up an el cheapo

Thats a thought too, I need to go through my toolbox to se what i have. Most of my tools are metric but do have some standard wrenches.

man what a pita, so I cut the wrench but have a hard time getting it over the nut due to all the insulation they have in there. The other links I found mentione dchannel lock pliers and a lot of patience and a lot of profanity which I am seeing is the case now LOL

I think once I get the first one out the second will be easier since I will have more room to work in there.

thanx for the heads up jason, I was contemplating that since I want to remove the glycol lines from my tower. Its been a pita so far between the foam and the shanks wrapped in aluminum foil. it will make things easier too when I run the new beer line up to the shank.

Back