Perlick 690SS Creamer Faucet worth it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGTSparty

Reaction score
Hey all, Looking for some advice. Still building out my kegerator and I'm realizing I don't drink as much as I brew so my cheapo krome rear sealing faucets tend to get stuck and suck at filling growlers.

So since I need to add 2 more taps I figured I'd just spend the money now, go stainless forward sealing and get some flow control. My LHBS has the Perlick 690SS Creamer Faucet on sale for like $59.99 which has flow control and the creamer function. I thought it seemed like a solid deal but I'm curious: Does anyone have the creamer function? Is it worth the extra 10 bucks or just a useless gadget?

I don't have a creamer faucet, but never felt the need to have one. I would only use if on a bitter on beer gas or something like that. Now... the Perlick with flow control... That is totally worth it. I love mine and it totally changed my beer setup for the better. Nothing but good things to say about that...

I think I got mine for like $44 or something.

When I went to buy a half-dozen O-ring sets for my six 525SS Perls, I had to toss in a creamer faucet lever (turns a 525SS into a 575SS) to make the minimum order. I stuck it in one of my faucets and frankly was unimpressed: as others had supposed at the time, you can mimic the "creamer" function just by cracking a conventional faucet.

So, I would say you can give that feature a miss and save the $10...

Cheers!

Back