• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Perlick 525SS tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex411

Reaction score
Looking for a single 525SS. Willing to pay a premium for 'like new' quality. Need it to match my other 5 on keezer.

Ordered one off Amazon and was sent a 630SS. Total bait and switch. In the process of returning it now, but that's the only one I found for sale. Nothing currently up on eBay or Craigslist so I added to watchlist.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 15967553278688528734960142074004.jpg
    15967553278688528734960142074004.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 36
Hmm...I have a sixth that's get rotated in with fresh 'rings when needed.
But...

1596755485596.png

Hah! Just playin' :D

I have no doubt there's an Intertap user sitting on a displaced 525SS or two. Hopefully someone will get triggered by your request :)

Cheers!

Mine are stamped in kind of a gold paint. They do not look like yours except in font. Guess I didn't know there was a specific year of 525 I needed. Thanks for the clarification!

BTW, that's some tap handle! Is it a custom welded chain ring? Bet that is one satisfying pull when drafting a brew... I had to go with small handles because the taller ones get hit when I open the keezer and dump beer.

Ouch, the gold paint makes them exceptional. I would be concerned except they match the ones for sale on Amazon and all the other internet photos so I'm sure they are legit. The etched ones however...

Yours look like mine... It's the 'P' flush with the surface?

Attachments

• 15967657545381600749893112247448.jpg
    15967657545381600749893112247448.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
I’ve always tried to figure out the difference. When I first go the kegerator I wanted to convert it to a triple tap but could ever find my style perlick. Just the etched kind.

Rex411... i always see 525 up for sale here. Like about once a month. Plus shipping is very cheap on thoose. I bet you will find it soon! (You may have to buy two- i often see them as a set. maybe you want a spare anways?)

As for the stamp... i was under the impression (wrong, maybe?) that Perlick offered stainless steel AND silver plated brass taps? Could this be it? Or, could i be 100% wrong, again?

I think the other type of finish is the CP(chrome plated). I'm not sure the difference is visible as I've not been able to compare side-by-side nor can I find a good comparison of the finishes on the web. It's in my nature to over-spend on my hobbies so the assumption would be I bought the SS version all those years ago.

For no particular reason, here is the message the Amazon seller sent me when I questioned the receipt of a 630 when their Amazon ad was clearly for a 525SS which they have pictured, listed by name and priced double the cost of a 630SS (total bit and switch):

As per manufacturer, the Perlick 525SS tap is obsolete and is replaced by Perlick 630SS. The replacement part should fit and function exactly the same as per manufacturer. Unfortunately, the old version is no longer available.

Ihop2many - I agree. I've used my faucets for years and not had a drip or issue ever. They are a classic solid design. Also, love your control board - I wouldn't be magnificent brewer I am today without The Electric Brewery's incredible instructions and parts pages. They are a brewing treasure.
output.jpg

I BOUGHT A 525SS! One of the members pm'd me this morning, a payment was made (slightly better than the $1,000,000 offer from
day_trippr), and it should be shipped today. The board comes through in under 12 hours with the win. Maybe I'll cook up a celebratory Saison or Scotch Ale this weekend in preparation for finally being able to pour from all 6 of my taps. SAAweeet!

P.S. I'm still going to exact revenge on the Amazon seller with the fake 525 post until they either take it down or I bad-review the post into oblivion. Not vindictive, just being helpful to the next brewer...

Ihop2many - I agree. I've used my faucets for years and not had a drip or issue ever. They are a classic solid design. Also, love your control board - I wouldn't be magnificent brewer I am today without The Electric Brewery's incredible instructions and parts pages. They are a brewing treasure.

I BOUGHT A 525SS! One of the members pm'd me this morning

Wonderful to hear you have found the tap.

I agree that between Kai's original design and The Electric Brewery we are capable of brewing great things, not to mention getting into plenty of trouble!

Well done Homebrewtalk members/viewers.

In case it does not match, I got a few 525s laying around. Finally scored a bunch of 425s and upgraded

Back