Perlick 525 faucet leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idigg

Reaction score
I need help! I installed my new faucets and shanks in my collar on my keezer, and I have a small leak where the faucet attaches to the shank. I have a faucet wrench, and I basically cranked it as tight as it goes. It will drip once every 15 seconds or so, so its not a huge leak, but its a leak :(

The faucet still has the black rubber gasket and it looks perfect (not damaged). Do I just need to keep torquing it down? The teeth to teeth design seems strange to me.

http://www.beveragefactory.com/EB525SSSHANK4___28302.shtml

Any help is appreciated. I know I don't use teflon tape either, so I'm confused how to get this to stop leaking.

TIA,
Justin

Mine leaked at first too. Did you make sure that you got the teeth lined up REALLY well? I did not on my first try, and it leaked.

In the end, I took it apart and lined up the teeth again. Squeeze the teeth together really good and you should be fine. In the end, I was able to get 3 of them together with just my hands without even needing a faucet wrench.

Two things that can help: put a little keg lube on the O-ring just inside the faucet, and put a little more on the shank threads...

Cheers!

I got it guys! I just removed it, checked all the teeth, no damage. I put the faucet back on as straight as an arrow, gave it a good push onto the shank, and hand tightened it. I then put on the liquid line on, no leak. I tightened it a little more with the faucet wrench, no leak! Thanks :)

Back