Perfection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WBC

Reaction score
I just made an ale and reduced the bittering hops but increased the flavor hops and just love the taste. There is no end of what you can do to make beer you like if you just take the time to perfect what you want. Yes it takes several brews to arrive at the peak of perfection but it is worth the effort. You do not have to settle for a close second but to just change one thing at a time until you get to the point of perfection. Just do not settle on any recipe until you get to that point.

Just keep on honing in on it. I don't think any brewer can ever hit the limit of perfection.

[/calculus]

I'm intrigued by the idea of hop bursting, going overboard with the late hops and using them for a large portion of the bittering. This is more encouragement to try it.

I am interested in an all late-hopped beer as well, but I think those experiments will be saved for a better climate, i.e., when hops become available in reasonable quantities to us lowly minions again....

You really gotta love it when you get that first taste of one of those perfected beers. It's like the stars aligned, and chills run down your spine.

Back