People need to work weekends

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanley1271

Reaction score
Well not me though. I have spent all morning trying to track down someone that can fill a 5# CO2 tank and no one is open on weekends that can do it. I talked to a guy at Sports Authority earlier this week and he said they could do it. However they can only fill up to about 30 ounces for things like a paintball tank. Now I just happen to have a 20 ounce paintball tank that I do not use and of course no one in town has an adapter for the tank and my regulator.

Guess it's to the liquor store to buy some brew since I cannot have my own.
:mad:
-Frustrated (aka Stanley)

This is why I have 3 tanks. A 20 lber, a 5 and a 2.5 (used to be 2 5s). The 5 and 2.5 are used for portable applications and back each other up, either can back up the 20.

Murphy's law dictates that tanks run out on the weekends (actually, it is probably that tank usage is much higher on the weekend).

It will siphon if you get the keg higher than the tap. Don't ask me how I know....

Man... - all those parties in the early days doing all that stupid hand pumping bent over a tub on the ground! DOH! All we had to do was raise that 160 lbs (without some mishap there) and get a longer tap...

That's it we'll make a million! Gives new meaning to "kegstand"

Man... - all those parties in the early days doing all that stupid hand pumping bent over a tub on the ground! DOH! All we had to do was raise that 160 lbs (without some mishap there) and get a longer tap...

That's it we'll make a million! Gives new meaning to "kegstand"

Kegsit!! in a lawnchair next to the fire all night..lol

Does the LHBS have an exchange program?

Not yet. They are setting that up though in the next couple of weeks. Of course my father (who is retire) has volunteered to go get it filled for me on Monday.

Well not me though. I have spent all morning trying to track down someone that can fill a 5# CO2 tank and no one is open on weekends that can do it. I talked to a guy at Sports Authority earlier this week and he said they could do it. However they can only fill up to about 30 ounces for things like a paintball tank. Now I just happen to have a 20 ounce paintball tank that I do not use and of course no one in town has an adapter for the tank and my regulator.

Guess it's to the liquor store to buy some brew since I cannot have my own.
:mad:
-Frustrated (aka Stanley)

What about the paintball fields around you? Tampa has a huge paintball following and plenty of shops/fields in the area. The fields are always open and always have what you need.

Here you go.... www.blitzkriegpaintballfield.com open Sundays 9am-5pm and do co2 refills.

Ya I already tried the paintball fields that I go to. They only have the capacity to fill 20oz paintball tanks. I do actually have a CO2 paintball tank, but I did not think to buy an adapter. I have thought about getting one, but decided that I would wait till closer to football season to build my portable rig. SWMBO is starting to get annoyed with my purchases. So I will have to cut back and plan better.

As for Tampa having a large paintball following, well for xball maybe, but I play woodsball. I'm not young enough to compete with those young speedsters. :(

-Stanley

What part of tampa are you in? I grew up in South Tampa. There are some bars with some really good beers on tap down that way.

I am currently living in Eastern Europe, the people work all the time here.at the market it is the same girls working at 8am with they open as it is at 10pm when they close, I can go to a doctor on a Saturday until about 4-5, One can go to the post office until 7 at night. It is really nice at times.

stanley1271 said:
As for Tampa having a large paintball following, well for xball maybe, but I play woodsball. I'm not young enough to compete with those young speedsters. :(

-Stanley

yep....I am only 32 and still too old to play x ball...those 12 year olds kill me

What part of tampa are you in? I grew up in South Tampa. There are some bars with some really good beers on tap down that way.

I am currently living in Eastern Europe, the people work all the time here.at the market it is the same girls working at 8am with they open as it is at 10pm when they close, I can go to a doctor on a Saturday until about 4-5, One can go to the post office until 7 at night. It is really nice at times.
I am actually outside of Tampa in the burbs. I am not much of a bar person. I prefer to be in quite places drinking beer.:)

My local liquor store fills co2.. Have you tried a liquor store?

I had not thought of a liquor store. I will check that out next time I am at one. I have however, found a place to fill the tank. And of course my LHBS just happened to start their bottle exchange the very same day. When I talked to the owner a few days ago, he said it would be a couple of weeks out. :(

However, on a good note, the welding shop I go the tank filled says they will give me a 20# for about $100 with my 5# as a trade in and filling up the 20# is not really that much more expensive. Of course he tells me this after I paid to have the 5# filled. Maybe next time.

Back