Pellet Hops at Room

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBinsky

Reaction score
Hey fellow homebrewers! I have been a lurker for a very long time and I have never posted because whenever I've had a question I can just look it up rather than asking something which has already been asked multiple times. However, I feel that this time I wasn't able to find an adequate answer so here I am! But I digress.

I've been trying to find out if a bag of pellet hops, sealed and never opened, would be okay after sitting at room temp for about a week and a half to two weeks. I obviously know that they should be kept in the freezer, but I just want to know if they would be okay. I know they will loose some AA and flavor, but would it be a lot?

Yep they'll be fine. If the bag was sealed with nitrogen, very little oxidation can occur, especially in such a short time.

Okay thanks guys. I just wanted to double-check before I made a crappy batch instead of buying the six buck of hops.

Latest posts

Back