Pear Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warboss100

Reaction score
as i am quite new i was just curious what i could achieve and how long it would take for a pear cider to get to bottling stage.

i have just started the pear cider, it had a gravity reading of 1.058 and is a batch of 1 gallon.

im not to sure if it needs to be racked, placed into secondary fermentation and after how long.

any help would be Appreciated.:)

Another Brit! We do exist on this forum then.

Not much help on pear ciders as I haven't tried one making one yet, although Tesco has 20% off all single botttle ciders at the moment, so I've got Bulmers, Kopparberg, Jaques orchard fruits etc all at home :) Pity I'm on-call for work so I've got to wait a week before I touch any!

Have you tried brewing any other fruit ciders? My 'summer fruit' cider (with fruit smoothie and extra strawberries & blackberries) is being prep'd tonight.

Just need some summer weather for drinking it all!! :(

represent the brits =D even if you are all the way in wales :) but i know what you mean about tesco's, i went in today and my mouth dropped:) all that lovely cider 20% off, yet i only got koperberg "pear and fruits"

let us know how your 'summer fruits' cider turns out, sounds like a good idea so you might have to send me the recipe:mug:

sorry to double post but i had trouble posting the image.

pearciderstart-1.jpg

this is my pear cider roughly 12hours after starting.
i have made Turbo Cider before using wine yeast, but i have used cider yeast for this and im not sure whether the layer ontop of the juice is supposed to be how it is:confused:, it looks like a layer of cake sponge.. doesn't look very foamy but quite solid, not sure if it is solid though.
any response's to help give me a clear image of this would help greatly "as im still learning remember"

and for the questions i asked in my first post, anything about apple cider would do as it gives me a rough guide.

Back