Peaches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonek

Reaction score
Last night I racked my Cream Ale on to 4lbs of cut frozen peaches that had thawed to room temp. This morning I checked and the peaches had floated to the top and I could be imagining things but it seems that there may be mold growing on the top of some of the peaches that are above the surface of the beer, is this a concern?

Might be a concern if it is mold. It could also just be CO2 production from the yeasy fermenting the fruit sugars.

When I add fruit, I usually cook it at 160*F for about 15 minutes before adding just to make sure.

If it looks worse tonight, I'll rack it into another carboy without disturbing the fruit.

I would be real careful with that, from the sounds of it you didn't boil or pasturize the peaches and that could be real bad. Generally speaking you should take and boil the peaches in a little water and then cool and add to your secondary.

Cheers

As long as you did something to pasturize them and then stored them in sanitary condidtions you should be alright. But if you see some white fuzzies forming I would take some pictures and post them up here I am sure someone could identify it.

Cheers

No white fuzzies, 2 peaches I noticed this morning were colored brown and greenish, I'll take a pic tonight.

Back