Peach Mango Melomel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyzaboy89

Reaction score
Starting a Peach Mango Melomel and more to follow but Its only been 30 minutes and there is activity with positive pressure in the airlock haha I make one of these for my anniversary each year and due to my wife's love of peach and mango, it disappears rapidly. I have a 3 year old bottle hidden for a few more years.
IMG_20210227_132441147.jpg

Starting a Peach Mango Melomel and more to follow but Its only been 30 minutes and there is activity with positive pressure in the airlock haha I make one of these for my anniversary each year and due to my wife's love of peach and mango, it disappears rapidly. I have a 3 year old bottle hidden for a few more years.View attachment 720286
That sounds yummy!
I want to start a peach mango as well. Would you mind sharing another recipe, please? Thanks, in advance, if you do.

I originally used Welch's Peach Mango juice but locally can't seam to find it anymore. Now I'm trying it with Old Orchard. Also I originally used Fleischmans bread yeast and again I'm trying with Lalvin.

For a 2 gallon recipe. (Originally in '18.)

In a 2 gallon pale combine:
1.5 gal. Welch's Peach Mango juice. s.g. 1.041
3 lbs. Wandry's Apiary (clover) honey.
1 navel orange (zest and fruit, no pith)
½ tsp DAP
¼ tsp Energizer
1 pack of Fleischmans bread yeast.

O.G. 1.102
Avg. Temp. 68°

Degas twice daily, after it settles out rack.
Add stabilizers and ¼ tsp acid blend.
After about 3 months backsweeten with ½ gal. of same juice and wait a week to make sure it doesn't restart fermentation. Bottle and Enjoy immediately or wait, if you can.

Last edited:
I originally used Welch's Peach Mango juice but locally can't seam to find it anymore. Now I'm trying it with Old Orchard. Also I originally used Fleischmans bread yeast and again I'm trying with Lalvin.

For a 2 gallon recipe. (Originally in '18.)

In a 2 gallon pale combine:
1.5 gal. Welch's Peach Mango juice. s.g. 1.041
3 lbs. Wandry's Apiary (clover) honey.
1 navel orange (zest and fruit, no pith)
½ tsp DAP
¼ tsp Energizer
1 pack of Fleischmans bread yeast.

O.G. 1.102
Avg. Temp. 68°

Degas twice daily, after it settles out rack.
Add stabilizers and ¼ tsp acid blend.
After about 3 months backsweeten with ½ gal. of same juice and wait a week to make sure it doesn't restart fermentation. Bottle and Enjoy immediately or wait, if you can.
Thank you, @Kyzaboy89 . Another recipe to try for a rainy day.😁😂

Back