Peach Cider???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeyWestBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has used this stuff or if you think it would be suitable for making a peach cider.......http://www.shopwell.com/petit-nectar-peach/juice/p/2447438102

I just finished bottling a cyser last night that I back sweetened with honey and organic peach nectar. But the stuff wasnt cheap and the bottle was only about 1L. Given the cost for just 1L, making 5-6 gallons worth is out of the question. So Im trying to find a more cost friendly alternative. Any thoughts please!!

Peaches ferment weird. I made a cider with 10 lbs of peaches in it and couldn't get it right at all, lots of sulfur and off flavors. I'd try it again, but there's a reason peach wine/cider isn't widely available.

I was traveling for business through North Carolina yesterday and stopped at a fruit farm looking for cider apples. I found a gallon glass jug of peach cider. It's basically 95% peach juice and 5% apple juice to sweeten. I thought about fermenting 4 gallons of apple juice for a week or so, then racking onto this gallon of peach. To let it "flavor" the cider.

This stuff was $13/gallon, so I don't think I would make 5 gallons with it...but it's worth an experiment.

I put frozen peach slices in my regular apple cider. Not much peach flavor but it added a smooth mellow flavor.

Pickled_Pepper said:
I was traveling for business through North Carolina yesterday and stopped at a fruit farm looking for cider apples. I found a gallon glass jug of peach cider. It's basically 95% peach juice and 5% apple juice to sweeten. I thought about fermenting 4 gallons of apple juice for a week or so, then racking onto this gallon of peach. To let it "flavor" the cider.

This stuff was $13/gallon, so I don't think I would make 5 gallons with it...but it's worth an experiment.

I did something similar with the cyser I just bottled. I fermented 6 gallons of publix brand cider with US04 then back sweetened it with honey and organic peach nectar at bottling time. Once it gets to the level of carbonation I want I'm going to pasteurize the bottles. This way the majority of the peach sugars and honey aren't fermented out. I did this with honey and tart cherry juice on my last batch of cyser and it came out very well.

MarkKF said:
I put frozen peach slices in my regular apple cider. Not much peach flavor but it added a smooth mellow flavor.

I thought about trying that but I don't want to kick up another fermentation and ferment out the sugars from the peaches. Adding at bottling then pasteurizing has been giving me the most flavor. Though this route kind of keeps you from being able to use fruit and limits you to juice/nectar.

Back