PBW and lawn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bragona71

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is ok to clean your equipment on the lawn? Living in California I would like to be drought friendly, I`m cleaning my fermenter and was thinking, I just wasted 7 gallons of water, can I at least pour it out on the lawn without it killing the lawn?

Does anyone know if it is ok to clean your equipment on the lawn? Living in California I would like to be drought friendly, I`m cleaning my fermenter and was thinking, I just wasted 7 gallons of water, can I at least pour it out on the lawn without it killing the lawn?

What are you cleaning with?

my bad, i thought the title said PBR

i have a giant, soggy yellow patch right behind my house from dumping pbw and star san all winter.

I've dumped PBW on my lawn. While not the greatest lawn, it hasn't done anything harmful to the lawn. Even the weeds are okay with it!

As for the drought, the last time we were under real serious orders about water was a very long time ago. My neighbor actually reported me, a teenager at the time, for washing my truck twice in two weeks. I'd definitely be taking any water I clean my equipment with and reusing it on the lawn and such.

Back