Pay attention when you check out.. funny .. kinda story..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brummbar

Reaction score
Had busy Sunday, didn't get to see much football during the day, but I was fine with that because I really wanted to watch the Pats v. Indy..

Went to the grocery store to get dinner, then quick into liquor store for a sixer ( bought a local IPA ), saw a bomber from Russian River Brewery. hmmm me thinks.. Love their beers.. Pliny is a go-to beer for special occasions, and I was going to grab one, but then saw the Bomber...

Temptation- Blond Ale - Barrel Aged, Bottle Conditioned -

Thought to my self, cool.. I'll try it. My local liquor store hasn't sold this yet, so it's new to me. Love trying new stuff.

Had my 8 year old with me, they give out Dum-Dum lollipops, we were both searching for one we each wanted..didn't look at the total. I figured $20 bucks or less, ( $9.00 for the six, maybe $7-$10 on the high end for the bomber)

... always look at your receipt .. I usually do... not this time..

Cracked open the Tempation Ale... one of the BEST beers I've ever had. Told my wife as such, she knows I try every thing, and annoint very few as 'great', ( p.s. Hercules Double IPA from Great Divide, great beer.. if you like double IPA styles.. )) but she's never heard me say ''best ever''. She was shocked. It's a sour beer, but crisp, almost like a really dry white wine. It was easy to drink. I didn't know about this beer.. do now..since I've researched it.

Got an inkling to see how much said beer cost. Grabbed the receipt..

Opps... I guess I can't buy this one too often..

$22.99 per 22oz bomber...

:)

Excellent beer...

A bit to pricey for me tho...

I've never heard of a Blond Ale that is worth that much, but I've had some pretty bad ones. Clone it? Keep us tuned :D

RR is pricey but in this case, I think it's worth it once in a while. I've been known to drive to Monks in Philly just for the chance to drop 30 on Supplication.

I had my wife try the supplication during the GABF this year... you should have seen her face! :eek:

Back