Pasting pics doesn't work

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

corkybstewart

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Do any of you admins know why I can't paste images, primarily in the Political memes thread? I thought maybe it was because I was in France but I'm back in the US again and I still can't copy and paste on this site.

HBT_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
How are you doing it? Right click copy/Right click paste?

How large is the image? That may be an issue. Did you try it with more than one sized image?

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
works for me? what OS are you using?
1663957513918.png

and what software, if editing the pic for a meme, are you using?

OP
OP
corkybstewart

corkybstewart

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Using Window 10 I think. I was able to copy and paste until I got to France in June so I figured it was an issue with foreign IP addresses(lots of stuff here can't be opened over there). I just tried to paste an image I copied in a thread here, it didn't work so I doubt size has anything to do with it.

day_trippr

Structural Duct Tape Sales Engineer
Reaction score
I've used about every possible method to attach images/vids here with no problems.
As noted, size does matter. But the browser will tell you if an attachment is rejected for oversize...

Cheers!

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Have tried dragging the image from the file browser into the post area?
That's what I usually do.

i used to do it that way, but it doesn't work in an edit of a post...i have to use ctrl-v for that....

edit: good to know if you write your caption, then forget to add the pic.... 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

HBT_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Have you tried it with a different browser? And can you post an meme or image in any other forum on the site?

OP
OP
corkybstewart

corkybstewart

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I still can't paste on HB Talk. I just copied/pasted on FB and in an email to myself, just to make sure it works, and it does. I use Chrome, have for years, and don't really want to open any other browsers. This is the only place I can't paste, and it just started a few months ago.

balrog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Try opening a clean window, or private incognito mode, with Ctrl-Shift-N.
This will not have any history associated with it.

If not, we may have to look at whatever you have for addons in Chrome.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i just pasted both those images in chrome...

i tried the built in paste from the options menu and it just was forever "Loading..."

1666195853718.jpeg

this was pasted in chrome also?

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
1666196457361.png

no, it just seems to work for me? i tried turning all that back on....and it still works....

just trying to help....

edit: i would say it's a PITA to actually get to any actual settings in chrome!

OP
OP
corkybstewart

corkybstewart

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
1666208112645.png

For test, try a different browser. Then try a different machine (phone, 2nd computer, etc). These tests shouldn't take too long and will go a long way in helping troubleshoot.
It works in Microsoft edge but took forever because I had to reset my password here. Also I refuse to use Edge. I don't understand why Chrome is the issue-I can copy and paste anywhere I go except for homebrewtalk.com. Also I have the problem on my phone and laptop.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
(I don't understand why [EDIT --Mod] someone can't do something so simple :D)

[EDIT --Mod] There's only one person here crying out for help...unless your recomending corky dumps a beer on his computer and get a new one/wipe reload?

which honestly might be something to try? uninstall chrome and reinstall it?

Last edited by a moderator:

balrog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Pasted using Chrome on Win10P.

View attachment 784177

Cheers! (I don't understand why [EDIT --Mod] someone can't do something so simple :D)

It's because you're facing West, from where all good things come.

Unless you're drinking at sunrise, and then we have a whole nuther conversation.

Reaction score
i've had tenderloin, always wanted to try peacock though... imagined it as turkey, with better feathers?
so peacock is only the male (colorful one with the long tail/plumage), peahen is the female, together they are peafowl, on the dinner table they taste like chicken. Same family.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so peacock is only the male (colorful one with the long tail/plumage), peahen is the female, together they are peafowl, on the dinner table they taste like chicken. Same family.

this thread is starting to get cocky! corky, i think the problem is on your end? i do find it interesting it only happens on this site though?

OP
OP
corkybstewart

corkybstewart

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i've had tenderloin, always wanted to try peacock though... imagined it as turkey, with better feathers?
I've eaten a lot of guinea fowl, never peafowl.

I can copy and paste links in Chrome, just not images. I can attach files in Chrome, but I can't copy and paste. This just started this summer while we were in France, I assumed it was a foreign file type issue-you'd be amazed at how many websites prohibit usage from foreign IP addresses. I can't access my doctor's web portal, or even one of my local news station websites. Amazon Prime lets me watch some shows, but not others from the house in France. And I can copy images here and paste them in FB-you guys in the Political memes thread have the absolute best stuff in the world, thanks.
IMGP5228.JPG

BongoYodeler

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Have you temporarily disabling all your Chrome extensions and then retry?

I'm retired now but when I was working I'd occasionally see issues where Google Chrome was just acting weird, with no logical explanation to the issue at hand. Many of these times this was resolved by deleting the Google Chrome User Data folder, which can become corrupt.

(C: >Users>"YourAccount">AppData>Local>Google>Chrome>User Data Deleting it usually resolved the issue. Not a big deal since it will automatically get rebuilt the next time you log into Chrome.

If you go this route I'd highly recommend exporting your Bookmarks and Passwords. Google the how-to, it's simple to do. You may not have to do this, but it's a good idea just to be safe. You can then import them back in later if you find you need them.