Party pig pouch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonbomb

Reaction score
Ok so someone help me out here. I bought a party pig last week mainly so i can have nice fresh beer by thanksgiving.

I always thought that the pouch in the pig was the item that would help carbonate the beer. Now what is the point of buying something like this if the same two week aging process is needed?? I tried a glass last night and it came out with a nice amount of head on the beer but the beer wasn't cold yet.

I tried another glass today and the beer is a lot more flat then it was yesterday not much head at all. Here is what I do not understand. Will I have a nicely carbonated beer by tomorrow or do I still have to go through the three week aging process like I usually do??
What is the point of the pouch I know its used to push the beer out but how is it that my beer does taste good after 3 days in the pig.

no answers? - not that this post is being watched 2 years later BUT, yes, the pig does take about a week to age and prime and the pouch only provides some even pressure for dispensing the beer - priming sugar is need to carbonate a party pig - be sure to read the instructions because LESS priming sugar is needed than if using bottles

Back