Parts for old kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhausjoe

Reaction score
Anyone got a line on parts for old Corny kegs? I picked up a 10 Gal ball lock keg and would like to get a new lid for it. My local brew store says it is a "race track" style lid and they dont have any. The posts are a little different as well.....

Just wanna know if anyone has a good line on older parts?

Thanks...

I got one when I bought a batch of single handle 5 gal. cornies. Never seen one before or since. Everything about it is oddball. The O ring on the lid is square. The posts have a little plastic do-hicky that I've never seen used elsewhere.

Most retail est. charge $11 for a lid without a plastic pressure relief valve assembly and $13-14 for a lid with good metal relief valve. No telling what they'd charge for a racetrack lid if you're even able to find one.

Yea "Firestone Steel Products"

But it is old, there is a plastic spacer in the posts, between the popet and the keg. It has the "race track" lid.

I might have found a lid.....I'll let you know if I do.

I have the 5 gallon version of what you are describing..... the lid is shaped like Darlington raceway or something like that..... It has straight sides. I put a standard lid o-ring on mine and have not had a problem....

DRAGGER.....

I have a lot of rust around the inside blow off. looks like the weld might be broke. I did not know how hard it would be to get parts. I might just look at fixing it a little closer...

Sorry to piggyback on thos post, but where can one find good pictures of what the different ball lock kegs there are? I just picked up some old used ones. They all seem to say Pepsi on them, but some seem to have different pressure relief valves, some have different wire assemblies that hold the lid in place, and some have different looking lid assemblies. Some of the lids I have are completely oval looking with no straight sides and some have oval ends with straight sides.

In addition, where do I look to find out the mfg name? I'm going to do my best to scrub them all down and the insides all look really good. Just not sure if some may be too old to be of any use any more. I'm going to try and take some photos to post in the next day or so.

pedalbiker was selling some racetrack kegs in classifieds, perhaps he has an extra lid. If not, I bought a bunch of oddball kegs from him last summer and might be willing to help you out...

Anyone got a line on parts for old Corny kegs? I picked up a 10 Gal ball lock keg and would like to get a new lid for it. My local brew store says it is a "race track" style lid and they dont have any. The posts are a little different as well.....

Just wanna know if anyone has a good line on older parts?

Thanks...

OK I made some calls and I was told that with the older 10 gallon keg race track style lids o-ring, you can use standard o-ring's from 5 gal cornies. So I tested it out! I just got a 10 gal keg from pedlebiker on ebay for $190+shipping and it has the funky race track style lid. I released the pressure and tried to fit on a regular 5 gal corny style lid oring and it worked great! Try it yourself!

Latest posts

Back