Partial Mash ESB feedback

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhetorik

Reaction score
Howdy!

I'm looking to do a partial mash ESB and would like some feedback. Here's what I'm planning:

Grains:

1lb Victory
1lb Crystal Malt (~35L)
3lb Marris Otter

Extract:
7lb light LME

Hops:
0.5oz Galena at 60
0.5oz Galena at 40
0.5oz Fuggle at 20
0.5oz Cluster at 20
0.5oz Cluster at 5
0.5oz Fuggle at 5

Dry hop with Galena, 0.5oz at 7 days remaining, 0.5oz at 4 days. I''ll be doing a 21 day fermentation, either entirely in primary, or may rack to a 5gal for the third week.

Yeast:
Safale S04

Thoughts?

I would dry hop with 1oz (two if you can) of Fuggle for 5 days.
Other than that,an addition of 10% simple sugar would make it more "English".
Cheers and happy brewing

I would dry hop with 1oz (two if you can) of Fuggle for 5 days.
Other than that,an addition of 10% simple sugar would make it more "English".
Cheers and happy brewing

I'll be honest - this is a "cleaning out my pantry" brew haha! Luckily, I do have another oz of Fuggle left, so I can use that for the dry hop. Would using that AND Galena be a bad idea? I kind of just want to get them all used up...

You know what?
I have been using Galena for bittering quite a bit of late and have started to like it a lot.
I find it gives s slight herbal bittering that goes well with the older verieties.
I have not dry hopped with Galena though,so maybe you should just go ahead and use them at the same time.

Well, it's now in fermentation. I used more LME than planned, and the OG is at 1.08...

But GODDAMN is it tasty!

I will dry hop with both, and report back once is all done in 4 weeks or so.

Back