Partial Mash and the 2 Gal MLT question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Argyle

Reaction score
After you have mashed your grain for 1 hr, how do you add your sparge water to the cooler? just pour it in, stir it and let it sit for a few minutes? Or is their a better way to add the water without disturbing the grain bed?...or is that even a concern at this point?

Thanks,

Mike

I have one idea for sparging that will help with adding sparge water w/o disturbing the grain bed.

Drop this on top of the bed before sparging. I snagged this from SWMBO kitchen items.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000C4G96I?ie=UTF8&condition=new&tag=dealtime-kitchen-mp-20&creative=380345&creativeASIN=B000C4G96I&linkCode=asm

I haven't tried this yet. I read you can also lay a small saucer plate on top of the bed, however it should be upside down if you do that.

I think this veggie steamer will be better. I've seem them at wal-mart and they are stainless steel too.

Back