paper... how thick?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HH60gunner

Reaction score
Ok reading another post I've come to the conclusion that I'll either use milk or stick-glue to add my labels. How thick of paper should I use? Just regular printer paper or thicker paper? Cardstock?

I use regular paper and milk for mine. Leaves a slight residue on the bottles and can cause ink bleeding, but for the most part it's good enough!

milk. normal printer paper. color laser is the best option (can it even be done with inkjet?)

this works so well... I was amazed. Actually, I thought the labels would come off easier than they do. Even after soaking overnight in oxyclean I have to scrape a bit.

It's a yes with the inkjet. That's what I've been using. Color laser works best though.

Standard printer paper and laser print. Inkjet will get the job done, but isn't ideal for milk as it'll make the ink run.

I'll stand by glue stick > milk. Glue sticks stay just as well as milk and are a ton easier to remove the labels (hold under hot water until it falls off.) Glue sticks won't make inkjet labels run, either.

i used some avery labels not to sure how easy they will come off, but i was told after a soak in some star san or oxi they should come off relatively easy.

Back