Palmer went to MI Tech!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOP-HEAD

Reaction score
I just learned that Palmer... you know, "How to Brew"... went to Michigan Tech. No wonder he has such a fondness for the froth. Went myself between 1998 and 2002... any others?

I just learned that Palmer... you know, "How to Brew"... went to Michigan Tech. No wonder he has such a fondness for the froth. Went myself between 1998 and 2002... any others?

My husband went to Tech for his undergrad degree, 1973-1977. He claims it was not really a beer wonderland- while there are two micro brewpubs there now, during that time it was more of a beer wasteland.

He says that DHH did have alot of Miller on hand at all times, though.

I went there also. 1992 - 1996.

I lived in DHH for 1 year before moving off campus. Some of the best years of my life were had in that wonderful land of snow!!!

Linc

I heard that there are only 2 things to do there, drink and sc... uhh... that thing boys and girls do when they have had too much to drink. ;)

I never went there, probably should have though.

Yep, another thing we can claim as our own....John Palmer.

That's right, HANDS OFF REST OF THE WORLD! :D

I had a friend who went to Tech and my understanding was that there wasn't that much of "that thing boys and girls do when they have had too much to drink" going on, due to an acute female shortage.

EDIT: Linc... come on now. I've got the club in my sig and I'm not even an officer! :D

I had a friend who went to Tech and my understanding was that there wasn't that much of "that thing boys and girls do when they have had too much to drink" going on, due to an acute female shortage.

That's why weekend trips to Northern were the norm. ;)

MTU Class of 2004
Civil Engineering

When I was up there, we lived 2 blocks up the hill from both of them... we didn't accomplish much on the weekends.

I though Keweenaw was ok they were out of their Pale Ale but I did get to grow my growler collection by 1 :)

We also went to some famous old bar over the bridge.

He claims it was not really a beer wonderland- while there are two micro brewpubs there now, during that time it was more of a beer wasteland.

While I'll take a good hoppy micro over a cheap domestic anytime, my time at Tech was spent maximizing quantity at the expense of quality. Many an $8 six pack were passed up for the like-wise priced 30 of Busch or a hard box of Old Mud.

Speaking of Old Mud... does anybody still see the cases of Old Milwaukee Light around in the hard cardboard boxes? The ones that you used to get fifty cents back for returning with your bottles because they reused both? At $8 a case, they'd make for some good homebrew storage.

Latest posts

Back