Palm Springs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdleedahl

Reaction score
hey I'm from Canada and just flew into palm springs last night for holidays, now i want beer... where do I go to get some good beer, especially beer that is not available in Canada... things I know i would like to try include dogfish head, sierra nevada, stone brewing... where are these sold around here?

Palm Springs is a little bit out in the middle of nowhere, but it depends on how far you're willing to go. About an hour (50mi) to the west is where I live, and we have a few awesome resources.

Beer stores:
- La Bodega in Riverside, CA has a great selection but is a bit pricey. Find some interesting rare stuff here
- Total Wine & More in Rancho Cucamonga, CA has an amazing selection as well, lets you break up six packs into singles, and is cheap. My favorite place.

Breweries:
If you want to drive 100+ miles you can start hitting all the big guys along the 78 freeway in SD county (Stone, Lost Abbey/Port Brewing, Green Flash)
Closer by (~40-50mi from Palm Springs) there's Inland Empire Brewing in Riverside, and Hangar 24 in Redlands. IE Brew has the better beer IMO, and the people there are awesome.

You might also check out the Yardhouse in Rancho Mirage, I've never been to that particular one but they typically have 100+ beers on tap and that's only about 15m from Palm Springs. Their beer list looks good:
http://www.yardhouse.com/CA/Rancho_Mirage/

Yeah I think Yardhouse in Rancho Mirage is the best bet for craft beer on tap. Closer by there's a little store called Palm Springs Liquor that has a good selection of craft brews for sale.

hey I'm from Canada and just flew into palm springs last night for holidays, now i want beer... where do I go to get some good beer, especially beer that is not available in Canada... things I know i would like to try include dogfish head, sierra nevada, stone brewing... where are these sold around here?

There's a BevMo in Indio, less than 5 miles away. Not sexy but everything you mentioned is there in 6 packs.

Trust me, go to Palm Springs Liquor. If you don't find what you want there, BevMo is a good second choice but they don't have good temperature control and it's HOT out in the desert.

Trust me, go to Palm Springs Liquor. If you don't find what you want there, BevMo is a good second choice but they don't have good temperature control and it's HOT out in the desert.

+1 on that. BevMo has NO temp control on the beer. Everything is out on the shelf. You'll have to chill it before you drink it.

Back