Pale Beer more Susceptible to Being

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
GREEN!!

Just an observation.

I do mostly dark beers, and I sample one a week after bottling just to monitor things, another at 2 weeks, and so on.

My dark beers are usually tasty after a week. They certainly improve with more age, but drinkable at carbonation.

I did another pale ale recently (really a Miller clone fermented with nglish Ale yeast as an ale for SWMBO).

It was disgusting at 1 week, barely better at 2, (I was starting to worry) and suddenly yesterday it is frigging delicious! It is a shame Miller evidently Lagers out all of the flavor it could have.

Just sharing.

It's the same reason that stouts/porters are harder to mess up. It's not so muhc that they're "GREENER" There are just less strong flavors to mask the greeness in the ales, just like there are less stronger flavors to mask any off tastes. This is also why it is soo hard to duplicate bud light or Miller light exactly.

Thanks for the logo, I couldn't remember who did it. It's also the background on my laptop and will most likely find it's way into a frame or banner once my bar gets built. Not to mention coasters/glasses.

Latest posts

Back