Pale Ale partial mash brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcs401

Reaction score
This weekend I will be brewing a mini mash pale ale from austin homebrew. The recipe is below in the photo. The yeast stran I'll be using is muntons premium gold. I am wondering what is a good fermentation temp for this stran of yeast and can I use a swamp bath to get the temp in a good range? First pale ale recipe I've done so just wanna know from someone who has experience doing pale ales could give some tips. The recipe is as follows, ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390310072.506822.jpg

The stated temp range is 57f to 77f, but it would be best at mid to low 60's. Sure a swamp bath will work but it all depends on ambient temp and how much you want to monitor and add ice

Brewed this last night and got finished aand out into fermenter around 10.00pm central time. Pitched muntons premium gold yeast (2 packs) and placed into my kegerator on low temp. (55degrees) I went to check it out this morning around 630am and there was absolutely no airlock movement. Should I raise temp, or leave for another day or so?

Brewed this last night and got finished aand out into fermenter around 10.00pm central time. Pitched muntons premium gold yeast (2 packs) and placed into my kegerator on low temp. (55degrees) I went to check it out this morning around 630am and there was absolutely no airlock movement. Should I raise temp, or leave for another day or so?

55 degrees is too cool for that yeast strain. Try about 65 degrees, and that should work out well.

Is it ruined or can I gradually raise the temp?

I know it's a warrior hopped pale ale but would it be a bad idea to dry hop using saaz leaf hops?

Back