Padre Island Brewing Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KopyKat

Reaction score
Anyone been to the Padre Island Brewing Company on South Padre Island, Texas? I just got back from a week vacation to SPI and had the pleasure of drinking Padre Island Brewing Company's beer. Their wheat beer is fantastic as is the stout. :rockin:
All of 5 different beers are good and I had a week to enjoy them as well as the food they serve in the restaurant. :tank:

Their place and Blackbeards were my favorite places to eat.

Anyone else drank their brews?

I was there May 2008. I really liked the Longboard Lager. So much I bought a t-shirt with the brand on it. Speckled Trout was excellent also. Didn't try the wheat or the stout. Anyone know if their recipes are in any of the clone books? Great burgers. I ate and drank there every day I was there.

T.

We go to SPI about 3 times a year, I always stop in there. I agree there brews are good. SPI is located at the bottom tip of Texas across from Port Isabel. I never knew they had one in Corpus.

We went there over the summer. I loved their porter. I must of had 10 pints of it over a few days. Great food too. I also bought a cup and a shirt. Can't wait to go back.

YOu know we went there this past July, and I swear upon closer look, those Tanks seem like they are just for show. I bet a lot of places are like this. Oh well, at least they are making good selections, but I doubt they are really brewing anything there.

YOu know we went there this past July, and I swear upon closer look, those Tanks seem like they are just for show. I bet a lot of places are like this. Oh well, at least they are making good selections, but I doubt they are really brewing anything there.

Dude, I know exactly what you mean, but when I was there, the brewmaster was taking some readings out of one of their conicals (on the left wall if you're sitting at the bar.) I also quizzed the bartender pretty hard core and he seemed to know a little bit more than a normal bartender would know about micro-brewing.

Its just that there was quite a bit of dust everywhere , seemed like they weren't getting used. I hope they are, I like that place.

Depending on their brew cycle I can see a brewing area getting dusty in between stages of brewing. I put my brew in the closest after pitching and then don't look at it for 2-3 weeks after the initial ferment and krausen is over.

Its just that there was quite a bit of dust everywhere , seemed like they weren't getting used. I hope they are, I like that place.

I think we tried all of their beers. I espcially liked their porter after being in the sun all day. If you go their for happy hour, I think their pints (not real pints, but you know what I mean) are like $3.

Swmbo really liked their blond and wheat biers.

Depending on their brew cycle I can see a brewing area getting dusty in between stages of brewing. I put my brew in the closest after pitching and then don't look at it for 2-3 weeks after the initial ferment and krausen is over.

Yeah, I agree.

Hah, I work at a restaurant just across the street from Padre Island Brewing Company. I keep wanting to go over there and see about pestering the brewmaster to tack some grain on an order for me, but never get around to it. Still have never actually been inside the place; I'm just a poor student.

Any tips on doing so? ;-P

Back