Oxygen cylinder caddy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom R

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I finally made a caddy for my disposable oxygen bottles.
It's made of 3/8" hardwood plywood. Pretty quick project with a 3" diameter hole saw and a table saw.
Now I can open the valve and adjust the flow rate with one
IMG_0111.JPG
IMG_0113.JPG
hand, and no more capsizing the whole thing.

I like the Morebeer one, the 0.1-1.5Lpm range is more suitable than the one I used.

I used flexible vinyl tubing so that I could bend the regulator out of the way when installing/removing the bottle. With the duotite fittings you'll want to have a loop in the tubing to allow changing bottles.

Nice. I actually need to build a caddy of some sort for my 20cuft cylinder. This is a lot simpler than what I was thinking.

I like the oxygenation wand storage, gonna steal that idea!

Considering I stole the original idea from you, that sounds fair!

To avoid my duh moment, remember the top hole needs to be a little wider than the bottom hole. (I actually had to get a file and notched the hole so the nut on the stone could pass through the top hole. A little too custom of a fit for my liking. 😂)

Considering I stole the original idea from you, that sounds fair!

To avoid my duh moment, remember the top hole needs to be a little wider than the bottom hole. (I actually had to get a file and notched the hole so the nut on the stone could pass through the top hole. A little too custom of a fit for my liking. 😂)
I do stuff like that all the time! You think you have have just perfect and then it won't go in.

I just pipe clamped mine to my brew stand table leg. Not as good an option in that it's a little shaky with just one clamp but I didn't want to put two because I have to unscrew to replace. These look a lot better and are portable.

That's a speaker there right? I like it!

Below is my version, I got tired of burning thru the little CO2 cylinders. Decided to repurpose a toilet paper holder. I have since made a slight modification, I installed a CO2 ball lock connector instead of having the SS wand attached to the hose.

IMG_0399.JPG

Yeah, I getting tired of the little bottles, too. Just killed another one yesterday.
What size is that one? Do you exchange it at a welding shop?

It's a 20 cuft, I bought it used (1/2 full) seveal years ago (craigs list add) from someone who had a torch set up for $40. When or if I need to get it exchanged, I will bring it to my Airgas distrubuter where I get my CO2 tanks exchanged since it has an Airgas sticker on it.

You can occasionally find the medical cylinders on your favorite classifieds site, often with a cart and regulator. But you can't get them refilled so don't pay a lot and its probably of questionable legality, especially if the tank is owned by a medical supply company.

Back