Oxyclean Free

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BADS197

Reaction score
I had some nasty stuff caked on the inside of my carboy and like this forum suggested, stuck some oxy inside.

Within a couple hours it was gone!!!

I dumped out the water, filled the jug about 1/3 of the way up and shook it around to rinse and then dumped it out.

I should probably repeat the rinse cycle a few times but how do you guys really know it's free of any oxyclean residue?

thanks
jake

Just wash it out real good..... that's it :) When it doesn't foam anymore after rinsing, you're good.

How much do you guys pay for this stuff?
(Sodium Percarbonate and Soda Ash)

Maybe I can come up with something better at a similar price.
Something you wouldn't have to rinse so much or at all.

Forrest

It's just under 8 bucks for a 3.5 pound tub where I get it (Wal-Mart).

Here is what I would recommend:
http://http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=11166

This is our own product that works similar to Oxyclen but you don't have to rinse and it cleans and sanitizes. This should save you money because right now you have to clean and rinse very well to make sure you remove the Soda Ash. Then you have to sanitize with another chem. Cleanitizer does both. 30 second contact time to sanitize, longer if you need to soak some stubborn stains. Also, Cleantizer removes beer labels very quickly. Just mix it a little stronger and the labels come right off with a 1 minute soak.

Let me look at introducing a larger size and lowering the price. Also, if you live out of Texas, you will not pay tax on Cleanitizer. You do pay tax on Oxyclean.

Forrest

That link does not work. That is something I could be interested in trying though.

You do pay tax on Oxyclean.

Forrest

No I dont! :ban:..... Thats about the only good thing that comes from living in Delaware, no sales tax!!!
Sorry, I just had to be a smarta$$

Back