Oxyclean Free

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djmd

Reaction score
What are your all's thoughts on Oxyclean Free? This is the oxyclean that has no chlorine, dyes, or perfumes. I bought some to try on beer labels and it worked like magic... after an hour of soaking labels were floating on the top of the water! And also, after a quick rinse, there is absolutely no haze or sediment on or in the bottle.

I'm wondering if this would be a viable sub for Straight-A for cleaning bottles. It's about half the cost and easy to get. I do realize it's not a sanitizer... that's not what I'm getting at. I'm just talking about cleaning.

Labels "just float off" for me in hot water alone. Save your money for beer stuff not cleaning products.

AHammer16 said:
Labels "just float off" for me in hot water alone. Save your money for beer stuff not cleaning products.
Dude, have you tried Oxy-clean? It does a super job of getting the labels off. I've never had near as much success with just plain water.

Yeah, plain water doesn't do anything for me. Maybe it's a difference in the local water supply. But if I don't use something, those labels aren't goin' anywhere.

I urinate on mine and let them sit in the sun. Labels come right off and it makes for good conversation later on when my buddy's are drinking the beer

Back