OW it burns, it burns so bad.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donasay

Reaction score
So I made chili last night (with beans) in honor of the chili cookoff that was mentioned on this board. I included in my chili 7 types of peppers.
Serano
Jalapeños
Red chili peppers
banana peppers
Red bell peppers
Green Bell peppers
cubanells

As well as various spices (chili powder etc.) and about 1/2 of a bottle of Frank's Red Hot Sauce.

After 5 hours of simmering the chili was finally ready and the flavors meshed together beautifully, it was super spicy going down, and may actually have been inedible to some people it was so hot.

Last night after preping the chili, I went to the bathroom, and even after washing my hands still had some chili juices on them and lets just say I managed to burn myself with the chili juices yea down there.

I ate the chili for dinner yesterday (delicious and super spicy by the way) and today, once again the chili burned me, this time on the way out.

I have about 2 gallons of this left in my fridge and freezer, it is going to be painful, so painful, but o so delicious.

Your quote is so relevant here.

I've made a similar mistake when making atomic buffalo turds, the jalapenos don't affect my hands, so I'll wash my hands well and then later make the mistake of rubbing my eyes. Not fun.

I just love it when I cut peppers and then take out my contacts at the end of the day (even if I scrub my hands and nails several times). OMG, it burns! Then the next day when I put my contacts back in....owwwww.....the oils are still on my contacts and I get to re-live the fun all over again.

Consider buying rubber gloves... they work wonders for keeping your hands clean. Your SWMBO's will thank you for it!

Can you say ring of fire?

We eat at a local thai place at least twice a week. Washing hands before going to the bathroom is not an option!

Consider buying rubber gloves... they work wonders for keeping your hands clean. Your SWMBO's will thank you for it!

+1 Get a box from your grocery store or Sam's or Costco. They come in very handy (no pun intended).

Are you suggesting to use the gloves for handling the peppers or for handling SWMBO? I kinda wish my SWMBO was more into that kinda stuff;)

I just love it when I cut peppers and then take out my contacts at the end of the day (even if I scrub my hands and nails several times). OMG, it burns! Then the next day when I put my contacts back in....owwwww.....the oils are still on my contacts and I get to re-live the fun all over again.

+1...You guys (and gals) make me feel so much better. I thought I was the only Dip**** that this happens to.

I kinda wish my SWMBO was more into that kinda stuff
I wish my SWMBO was into ANY stuff.:cross:

One time I was making habanero sauce with fresh peppers. I decided to be smart and get some dishwashing gloves before I started, and was religious in using them. After I'd cleaned everything up and washed my hands (with the gloves on) I took them off and rubbed my eyes.

Bad mistake.

The juice had actually seeped THROUGH the gloves to my finger tips! oh ow ow owwww!!!

That would be a shocker. :D

shocker-2.jpg

You guys don't eat enough hot foods. :D In all seriousness, if you eat really hot food regularly, the 'other end' thing disappears. The contact caution is always there though, but even when I cut up Scotch Bonnets, Chiltepe's, Thai Hot, etc...I don't wear gloves, but rather soap and water immediately after contact thoroughly, twice. It never seems to bother my skin though. *shrug*. I have collected Nettles with my bare hands, what a mistake. My fingers were numb for a day :p

My SWMBO still won't let me sex her the night after eating hot wings, and that "unfortunate incident" happened 5 years ago. Rubber gloves are a must when handling peppers in our house. I'm thinking about adding a gas mask to my inventory thou, making habinero sauce can release a potent cloud of tear gas.

My SWMBO still won't have let me sex her the night after eating hot wings, and that "unfortunate incident" happened 5 years ago. Rubber gloves are a must when handling peppers in our house. I'm thinking about adding a gas mask to my inventory thou, making habinero sauce can release a potent cloud of tear gas.

I have the same problem when making chili powder. I think I am going to have to start doing it outside. The dogs were coughing up a storm.

Just don't initiate any foreplay with SWMBO.......
You will never be forgiven.

Reminds me of a story years ago. Went to a wings type restaurant with a gf and closed the place down. On the way there, she provided "a service" while I was driving. When we left, seeing as how I was pretty well lit up, she drove home. With the "service" provided earlier, I decided to return the favor. To this day, I still laugh when I think about the image of her running across the street from the parked truck in the middle of winter with her pants around her knees. Took her about 6 months to finally see the humor in it.

AgghhAHHAHAHhhaaahhhhhhhh SONOF O*&@ ! WHJAT DID YOU PUT IN ME!!!!!! STO PTSTOPSTOP~!

yeah, wash your hands real good. and dont usw water moccasins for everything. yeah they may say Oh cool a snake but that only goes so far man

Back