Overconfidence will get us all soon enough

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
And this my be my time. I just finished cleaning up after brewing a nice PM pale ale. I had bought the wrong yeast that I wanted to use so instead I racked my Oatmeal Stout and pitched the cake from that. I know, lighter to darker but for some reason I felt like it would not change my beer enough to be noticeable. That is until now... now I'm second-guessing myself.

What was your downfall? What brought you back to the way of humility?

Brewing Clamper said:
And this my be my time. I just finished cleaning up after brewing a nice PM pale ale. I had bought the wrong yeast that I wanted to use so instead I racked my Oatmeal Stout and pitched the cake from that. I know, lighter to darker but for some reason I felt like it would not change my beer enough to be noticeable. That is until now... now I'm second-guessing myself.

What was your downfall? What brought you back to the way of humility?

RDWHAHB. It will be fine, and less noticeable than you think.

Even if it's not what you aimed for, it will certainly be good, drinkable beer. :)

Perhaps you've just opened the door to a series of really tasty brews by switching up the yeasts. :)

Back