over/under carbonated

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HansF

Reaction score
I have two beers bottled, an American Ale and a Wit. These were bottled almost 2 months ago. The Ale is under carbonated and the wit is over carbonated. Is there any way to save these beers? I was thinking maybe pouring the ale into a keg and force carbonating it. Suggestions? Anything I can do with the wit?

The American Ale is a recipe I have brewed at least a half a dozen times sucessfully. I changed nothing.....except the water. I tried using bottled spring water to see what it would do.

The wit was probably a miscalculation on my part as I follow the Northern Brewer priming calculator.

Overcarbonated is easy: just pour the beer straight down the glass instead of at a forty five degree angle, this will help dissipate some of the carbonation. I don't know how the beer Gods of HBT feel about it, but it's what I do.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back