Over-filled bottles.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCollector

Reaction score
So my wife always helps me brew and bottle. We did a 1 gallon small batch bottling last night and she had the wand. She decided to fill the bottles no to the brim but close. She did this by filling the bottle from the bottom then once full pull the wand to the top of the bottle and fill a little more... So do I have anything to worry about? Chance of bottle-bombs or carb issues?

Thanks all!

So my wife always helps me brew and bottle. We did a 1 gallon small batch bottling last night and she had the wand. She decided to fill the bottles no to the brim but close. She did this by filling the bottle from the bottom then once full pull the wand to the top of the bottle and fill a little more... So do I have anything to worry about? Chance of bottle-bombs or carb issues?

Thanks all!

They could be a little slower to carb than usual.

Headspace is also a shock absorber for temperature changes so if they are really full (less than 1/4" headspace) you might not want to shake or leave in a hot place.

Back