Over Carbed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewTech117

Reaction score
Ok so I was moving and i found a box of bottled (12 oz) Mr Beer (I think) Porter that has a tag saying I was Carbonating it ...... about a year ago lol.

ITs been in this box stuffed in the bottom of the closet for over a year. I placed a few bottles in the fridge and tried one lat night, HOLEY WOW its like drinking a tab of seltzer .... feels like a mentos and diet Pepsi mixed together!

Is there a way to get it to loose carbonation?
Honestly i was just gona crack the tops and let them sit out for a few hours and hope some of it goes away.

It is best to release CO2 over a period of time with multiple releases. The bottles must be well chilled before you start and then kept chilled.

Lift the edge of the cap until you here gas escape. It helps to lay a quarter across the cap to keep from creasing it. Immediately recrimp the cap. Do this until the sound of the escaping gas is down to an acceptable level.

10-4 Thank you I was thinking something along these lines as well - The Quarter is what i needed to know! I was thinking "man i'm going to use a TON of beer caps" by opening and re capping.

This is the time you wish you would have a bench instead of the wing capper, unless you already have found how fast bench cappers are.

Latest posts

Back